Anti-Wrinkle Injections consist of a purified protein derived from botulinum toxin type A. When injected into specific facial muscles, it works by temporarily blocking the nerve signals that cause muscle contractions. By reducing muscle activity in the treated areas, the overlying skin becomes smoother, diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and preventing the formation of new lines.
- Frown Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Brow Lift
- Gummy Smile
- Nose Tip Lifting
- Bunny Lines
- Chin Crease/Dimpling
- Smoker’s Lines
- Dysfunction/Facial Slimming
- Downturned Mouth
- Platysmal Bands/Neck Lift
During an anti-wrinkle injection procedure, our medical professionals will carefully assess your facial muscles and discuss your desired outcome. Photographs will be taken of the areas being treated, for our medical records, as this is a helpful way for us to keep track of your results. A series of small injections will be administered directly into the targeted muscles using a fine needle. The procedure is generally well-tolerated, and any discomfort is minimal and brief. The treatment typically takes about 10-15 minutes, and you can return to your daily activities immediately afterward.
After the procedure you may experience some minor redness, swelling or bruising at the injection sites. These side effects are temporary and usually resolve within a few hours to a few days. It is not uncommon to experience a mild headache, especially after your first treatment. You can apply cold compresses or take paracetamol to alleviate any discomfort. Avoid the following after your treatment:
- For at least 8 hours after your anti-wrinkle injections, avoid lying flat, bending forwards and wearing makeup.
- For 24 hours avoid strenuous exercise and drinking alcohol.
- To minimise the risk of bruising you can apply a covered ice pack to the skin. Just make sure it’s for no longer than 10 minutes at a time, and in 2-hour intervals. Do not apply ice directly to the skin and do not apply pressure.
- For at least 48 hours after your anti-wrinkle injections, avoid extreme heat, swimming and applying pressure or massaging the areas.
- Avoid facials, face waxing, IPL and peels for two weeks post-treatment.
The results of anti-wrinkle injections gradually become noticeable within a few days to a week and can take up to 14 days to take full effect. You can expect smoother, more youthful-looking skin with an improvement of fine lines and wrinkles. Keep in mind that the deeper the lines, the more treatments you may require for best results.
The longevity of anti-wrinkle injections varies from person to person and depends on factors such as the specific product used, the dosage administered and individual metabolic rates. On average, the effects can last anywhere from three to six months.
To maintain the desired results, periodic follow-up treatments are necessary and are usually recommended every 3-4 months. Your medical practitioner will work with you to develop a customised treatment plan tailored to your unique needs and aesthetic goals.
Get in touch with us today to start your journey.