AGE REDUXION CLINIC
Pre / Post Treatment
Before your treatment please avoid the following:
1 month before: Avoid vaccinations
2 weeks before: If possible, avoid blood thinning and anti-inflammatory medications (e.g. aspirin, fish oil, ibuprofen, nurofen) unless recommended by your regular doctor.
2 days before: Do not use active skin care products such as AHA, Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Vitamin C, Glycolic Acid or any “anti-aging” skin care products.
24 hours before: Avoid strenuous exercise, Avoid alcohol, Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing or using hair removal creams on the area, Avoid Gingko Biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng and vitamin E, Do not expose the area to intense heat (e.g. solarium or sauna).
Things to be aware of:
If you have previously suffered from cold sores, lip filler injections may trigger a cold sore outbreak. We recommend not having treatment if you have an active cold sore. If you do not have an active cold sore but are prone to getting them, we recommend commencing anti-viral medication in tablet form before your appointment to reduce the risk of an outbreak. These medications do not usually require a prescription and you can discuss with your local pharmacist about commencing this prior to your injections.
Day of Treatment
Pain Relief Options
When you visit The Age Reduxion Clinic, we make it our mission to prioritise your comfort and well-being. Our team will take the time to understand your concerns, discuss your comfort preferences, and determine the most suitable pain relief options for your specific needs. Listed below are the pain relief options we have on offer to make your visit comfortable and stress-free:
Post Care (Anti-Wrinkle)
- Do not lay down or bend forward for 4 hours.
- Avoid wearing makeup for 8 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and drinking alcohol for 24 hours.
- To minimise the risk of bruising you can apply a covered ice pack to this skin. Just make sure it’s for no longer than 20 minutes at a time, and in 2-hour intervals. Do not apply ice directly to the skin and do not apply pressure.
- Avoid extreme heat, swimming and applying pressure or massaging the areas for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid facials, face waxing, IPL and peels for two weeks post-treatment.
The results of anti-wrinkle injections gradually become noticeable within a few days to a week and can take up to 14 days to take full effect. You can expect smoother, more youthful-looking skin with an improvement of fine lines and wrinkles. Keep in mind that the deeper the lines, the more treatments you may require for best results. The longevity of anti-wrinkle injections varies from person to person and depends on factors such as the specific product used, the dosage administered, and individual metabolic rates. On average, the effects can last anywhere from 3-6 months. To maintain the desired results, periodic follow-up treatments are necessary and are usually recommended every 3-4 months.
Post Care (Dermal Filler)
* The appearance of lumps and bumps is common post-dermal filler treatment. This will improve over 4 weeks as the product integrates into your tissue and moulds into your anatomy.
It is not unusual to experience some mild side effects following wrinkle-smoothing injections:
- Needle puncture marks
- Itching in the area
- For at least 8 hours avoid makeup, touching the injection site, massaging the injection area (unless indicated) or lying on the injection area (try to sleep on your back).
- For 24 hours avoid strenuous exercise and alcohol.
- For at least 48 hours avoid extreme heat (sun, solarium, sauna), swimming, applying excessive pressure to the injection area.
- For at least a week after your treatment avoid facials, facial waxing, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, IPL or laser therapies.
- Avoid any vaccinations for at least 1 month after your treatment as there have been some reported cases of allergic reactions and formation of lumps when dermal fillers are given around the same time as vaccines.